Play GTA 5 on your Android device. Use cloud gaming to enjoy the same quality you would on any high-end gaming console or PC for just $9.99/mo!
Download the app and play GTA 5 on Android now!
the quality of GTA 5 gameplay on Android
Watch this short video and take a look at how the real GTA 5 gameplay on Android looks like:
Download the app and play GTA 5 on Android now.
There aren’t many action-adventure games that bring organized crime to life as well as Grand Theft Auto V (GTA 5). The game paints a picture of what we see in movies such as The Godfather, Heat and Scarface.
But the challenge is how to get and play GTA 5 on Android phone? This has been almost impossible for most people over the years.
We found solutions to the problem and present them to you in this easy and comprehensible blog post.
In this piece, I’ll show you all you want to know about GTA 5:
- What GTA 5 is about
- Why you couldn’t play GTA V on Android
- The easiest, cheapest and legit ways to play GTA 5 on Android.
So, let’s introduce the game to you.
1. What is GTA 5?
Instead of a boring description of a game, that you probably know, let me shock you with some numbers:
Among the seven Guinness world records broken by GTA V upon release; it smashed the record for the fastest video game to make a profit of $1 billion in sales.
GTA 5 is an action-adventure game which brings you into the world of organized crime.
You get to be the mob boss of Los Santos in the state of San Andreas.
You can play the game from either a third or first-person perspective.
In GTA 5, you’re allowed to switch between three lead characters during a mission.
And, if you are reading this blogpost, you know what is the one major challenge with GTA 5.
GTA V is not available on Android!
The reasons are not far-fetched. But you have to keep reading to find out.
You’ll be glad to discover there are ways around this problem.
Here’s a question that requires a definite answer though.
2. Why can’t I play GTA 5 on Android?
Android phones have evolved over the years. Latest versions use the Android Pie (9.0) or Oreo (8.1) operating system.
These new age phones come with a built-in RAM of 8-16GB. They even run on up to eight processing cores or more.
Heard of Octa Core or NanoCore? Android phones now run on these.
Despite the impressive growth in Android phone development, they still aren’t well-equipped to run games like GTA 5.
The reasons why there’s no GTA V on Android are all too evident:
- GTA 5 file size is as large as 72 GB!
- GTA 5 requires a dedicated video card memory space of 2GB to play.
- This game is best played on a system running an Intel Octa-Core processor with 8GB of RAM
- The game graphics are too much for the processing power of a phone
At this point, you can see it’s beyond impossible to natively get, install and play GTA 5 on Android.
That’s why Rockstar Games makers of GTA V didn’t bother making an Android version of the game.
Sadly, you’re in love with GTA 5. And you want to portably play it anywhere with your Android device.
Maybe you don’t have a gaming computer that can handle the game.
The thing is, you keep hitting a dead end each time you try to download GTA 5 on your phone.
However, you will find a lot of videos on YouTube promising to show you how to get GTA 5 on mobile.
Please don’t fall for that nonsense.
Or you might find some GTA 5 APK files + OBB (if you search Google for: download GTA 5 Android):
Can you see there are 111 million results for that query?
The truth is, there is nothing like a GTA 5 APK file. I’m not saying you won’t find any. Actually, you’ll find plenty. But they’re all fake! In fact, some of these apps could harm your phone or steal your private information. Like the one in the image below:
You might ask if GTA 5 is available on Google Play Store?
The answer is NO. You can search and confirm for yourself.
It’s not all doom and gloom.
I will show you three solutions to the problem. It’s up to you to make the best choice.
How to get GTA 5 on Android?
You don’t need to be an IT genius to get it done.
Here are the three easiest ways to do it:
1. Play GTA 5 with Vortex
One of the easiest ways to play GTA 5 on an Android phone is to use Vortex.
Vortex is a cloud gaming service that allows you to play high-end games like GTA 5 on any device.
The steps involved are simple and easy to follow.
Importantly, you don’t need to own a gaming console or computer to play games in the cloud.
All you need is an internet connection which, by the way, is very cheap and easy to get in most countries.
Follow these simple steps to play GTA 5 on Vortex:
Step 1: Sign up to the app
Step 2: Download the Vortex App on Google Play Store
Make sure this is the app you downloaded:
Step 3: Install the app and sign in with the login details you created earlier.
You can even create a new account from the app.
Step 4: Choose GTA 5 from the list of games.
Final Step: Subscribe to play the game with Vortex.
You would, however, have to own the game on your Steam account first.
Vortex monthly subscription costs just $9.99
Download the app from Google Play Store (click) and play GTA 5 on Android now.
You’ll like to know what you stand to gain or lose by using Vortex?
Here you are:
Pros and Cons of using cloud gaming to play GTA 5
- Vortex is among the most affordable cloud gaming service you can find.
- With Vortex you can now play GTA 5 anywhere and at any time.
- Vortex allows you to play high-end games on low-end devices. But your Android device must be running Android 4.4 OS or above.
- You don’t spend money buying and maintaining a gaming PC or console.
- Vortex offers you low input latency – GTA 5 runs smoothly on your Android device without lagging.
- You have to subscribe to Vortex to play the game. Although Vortex is very affordable, some would still prefer a freebie.
- You have to own the game on your Steam account first.
Vortex is a solution to the problem of playing GTA 5 on Android. And there are many advantages to using this cloud gaming service. Like the ease of use and fast game speeds.
But it’s not a free service.
There are two other alternatives to Vortex.
2. Play GTA 5 on Android using LiquidSky
With LiquidSky you can get GTA 5 on your phone.
Like Vortex, LiquidSky is a cloud gaming service that allows you to play high-quality games on Android and other devices.
Simply put, they provide the hardware, you connect and play the games.
How to use LiquidSky:
To play GTA 5 with LiquidSky, you have to:
- Buy the game on Steam first.
- Install the LiquidSky Android App and create an account.
- Your Android device must be running on Android 6.0 or later.
- Your internet connection (preferably Wi-Fi) must be pretty strong. I mean download speeds of up to 10MB/s.
- Select and play GTA 5 from the list of games.
Pros and Cons of using LiquidSky
- Allows you to play GTA 5 on your Android phone
- Easy to install and use
- LiquidSky is an expensive cloud gaming service. In fact, the cheapest plan costs $15 and you only get 25 hours of gameplay per subscription.
- Requires super-fast internet connection. Anything less will give you hassles.
- You must own the game on your Steam account
- LiquidSky Android App is not available at the moment. The image below is the message found on LiquidSky website
LiquidSky quickly became popular because the service actually helped Android user play games like GTA 5 on their phones.
However, the pricing for LiquidSky was upped unexpectedly, before the app was taking offline. It’s hard to tell what’s up to their sleeves for gamers now.
And the final method to play GTA 5 on your Android phone is….
You can stream GTA 5 to your Android phone from your computer.
That way you don’t have to pay to play the game online. Your computer’s processing power is used instead.
However, you need to have the following in place:
- A gaming computer. One with NVIDIA GPU and minimum 8GB of RAM
- You have to buy and install GTA 5 on your gaming PC
- You need a phone that runs on Android 6.0 OS or later
With all that in place, do these:
- Head over to Google Play Store and download Moonlight for your phone.
- Install NVIDIA GeForce Experience on your computer.
- Connect your PC to your phone via Moonlight.
- Select GTA 5 and start the game. It will run simultaneously on your phone.
Pros and Cons of using Moonlight
- You don’t have to pay
- Gameplay is dependent on how fast your router is.
- You can’t play the game anywhere you want. Your PC must be handy.
- This method is a bit too technical. Sometimes it lags unnecessarily.
- You need to buy the game for your PC
- Not for you, if you don’t own an expensive, high-end PC
Moonlight is the closest method to playing GTA V on Android natively.
But there are major hassles to process, like installing NVIDIA GeForce Experience on your gaming PC.
You must also give attention to detail when going through the installation process of NVIDIA GeForce Experience and connecting your phone to PC using Moonlight.
You can play GTA 5 on Android easily.
GTA 5 and many other high-quality games can be enjoyed anywhere and at anytime with an Android phone.
But you have to follow the best method highlighted in this piece.
If you choose to use Vortex, the door to other superb games like Fallout 4, Fortnite Battle Royale, Apex Legends and many more is open to you.
Has your mind has been made up? Head to the cloud and play GTA 5 now!
Now you know all the methods to get GTA 5 on Android.
The buck stops at your table in this case. You simply have to take action. When you do you’ll find out the unlimited possibilities packed in the virtual world of crime and survival as illustrated by Grand Theft Auto Five (GTA V).
If you are wondering, what are the best cars in GTA 5, make sure to check this blogpost:
What are your thoughts about my methods for getting GTA 5 on Android? Which method would you rather go for? Let me know in the comments below.